MPESA Charges are extra fees added to your original transaction amount. Charges greatly depend on the following:
- The amount you want to send.
- The amount you want to withdraw from an agent.
- Who you are sending money(charges here vary based on whether the person is an MPESA user or not)
Do you worry about extra charges? WORRY NO MORE, Safaricom has released a product online that can help you with calculating your charges.
MPESA Charges 2022 Calculator
Mostly, what you may find online are tables and charts of the fees, as in this page. However, in cases where fees have changed or you can not find the appropriate amount for the transaction you wish to make, then the 2022 Calculator will come in handy.
Steps to using MPESA calculator
- Visit this cost calculator page: https://calculator.co.ke/safaricom-mpesa-cost-calculator
- You will find a box that asks you to enter M-PESA TRANSACTION AMOUNT, ENTER YOUR AMOUNT (MIN KSH1, MAX KSH150,000).
- Click the “Calculate” Button
- On clicking the button, the table in the page will be updated with the charges associated with all kinds of MPESA transactions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CALCULATOR WAS LAST UPDATE: JULY 12TH, 2021
Here is the table showing 2022 MPESA charges for different transactions.
|Minimum||Maximum||Sending To M-PESA Users||Sending To Other Mobile Money Users||Sending To Unregistered Users||Withdrawing from Agent|
Guess this information was helpful, please tell us in the comments section, for further enquiries also please contact Safaricom.